Duration: 3 hours - In the afternoon
A SHORT BUT INTENSIVE EXPERIENCE
The best tour to enjoy the hills and villages of Tuscany on board a Vespa if you have just a few hours! If you are planning a visit to the leaning tower of Pisa or the spectacular Volterra, this tour completes your day in the most stunning way!
Good things come in small packages!
Arianna & Friends arranges a three-hour guided vespa tour in the afternoon for visitors to Tuscany who are keen to experience riding the most symbolic scooter ever produced in Italy and enjoy visiting beautiful villages through very panoramic back roads just having a half-day available. The route is varied and alternates small villages, vineyards, olive groves, hilltops and valleys and the guide stops in several places to give you many details about the local habits and facts.
OUTLINE OF TOUR:
– Vespa rental for 3 hours from 3 pm starting from our main office in Peccioli, Pisa area.
– A varied, panoramic and safe route across the rural Tuscany in the area of the Pisan hills, a farmland with vineyards, olive groves, wheat or sunflower fields, small villages and fortified hamlets.
– A private English speaking Vespa tour guide accompanying you for the whole trip. The guide shows you villages and the agricultural productions, stopping at panoramic places where you can take unique pictures of the rural Tuscany.
– We start this great tour from the our office in La Rosa and reach an area of scenic vineyards and olive groves. From here we will get to the wondefurl hamlet of Peccioli for a short visit;
– We will ride along one of the most panoramic route to get to Fabbrica;
– From Fabbrica we will move to Lajatico to visit the “Teatro del Silenzio” where Andrea Bocelli is used to perform every summer; we will stop in the centre for a coffee;
– On the way back we will reach another little village dominated by a medieval castle and finally we will ride back to the starting point across a valley of vegetable fields.
– Helms provided
– Insurance included*
– Please, note that this offer is for maximum 6 Vespas, for min. 2 max 12 people.
* Please, note that the insurance refers to liability against third parties. The regular insurance does not cover the vespa riders themselves and their own vespa.
What you taste
This is a list of specialties that you are likely to sample as part of the program of this tour. Please, note that the specialties of the tasting session and/or lunch may vary according to the season and the availability of the products in the day of the tour.
In our tour we like showing you places off the beaten track and introducing you to Tuscan people with their personal stories, careers and characters.
You will have one of our guides with your party during the whole tour. Please, see below all the guides who can be with you.
During this experience you can also meet some of the Tuscan friends involved in the events. Please, see below which friends you are likely to encounter.
The total rate for this activity varies according to the number of people in your party.
Check rates in the table below.
Half-day vespa tour across the Pisan hills
– RATES 2018 –
NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN YOUR PARTY
|2 persons (on 1 vespa)||€ 280|
|3 persons (on 2 vespas)||€ 370|
|4 persons (on 2 vespas)||€ 380|
|5 persons (on 3 vespas)||€ 470|
|6 persons (on 3 vespas)||€ 480|
|Fuel||€ 10 per vespa – to be paid cash on site|
|Extra vespa||€ 80 per vespa|
- Vespa rental for a half-day – Rates refer to 1 vespa for 2 passengers
- Helm and insurance*
- Private English speaking tour guide for the whole tour – German, Russian, French or Spanish also available
- Stops in several villages and guided walks
- Sampling of cold meats at a local butcher’s
* Please, note that the insurance refers to liability against third parties. This kind of insurance does not cover the vespa riders themselves and their rental vespa.
Rates do NOT include
- Fuel – € 10 per Vespa
- Extra Vespas – in case each guests would like to ride one scooter: € 80 per vespa
- Transportation to the meeting point in Peccioli – near Pisa
This round trip takes place in the municipalities of Peccioli, Terricciola, Casciana Terme Lari and Capannoli.
Unless differently specified, the meeting point with the guide is in Peccioli. Detailled instructions will be provided.
DURATION & LENGTH OF ROUTE:
This program takes 3 hours, from 10 am to 1 pm or from 3 pm to 6 pm. Time for reaching the meeting point not included. The route as described in this activity covers approximately 40 kms.
Available from March through October, any day of the week. On Wednesdays and on Sundays the pasta factory in Lari will not be operating.
This tour is available in English, German, French, Spanish, Russian or Italian with no surcharge.
At the beginning of the tour the guide will help any rider to fulfill the documents necessary in order to rent vespa scooters from a local rental company. The scooters rented for this tour are modern vespa scooters with automatic transmission (no manual gear).
The insurance on the scooters is a basic civil liability policy as per legal requirements. This policy only covers damages to third parties and does not cover damages to the rider or the passenger, nor damages to the scooter itself. As a consequence, the rental agreement is valid only when filled in with valid credit card details of the rider, which might cover any damage in the event of an accident.
Riders must have an international driving license and must be over 18 years of age.
EXPERIENCE ON SCOOTERS IS REQUIRED - THIS TOUR IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS:
Before booking this tour it is essential for you to understand that the tour is addressed to people who have previous experience in riding a scooter, a vespa or a motorbike. If you never rode a scooter it is impossible for you to be able to ride it along the routes that the guide selects. Every tour starts with a 15-20 minute practice that is necessary for the rider to get confident with the scooter, especially in order to understand how brakes and accelerator work. The time for the practice is absolutely not enough to learn how to ride a scooter, for which people might need long hours or even days. So we need to make sure that you are already familiar with riding a 2 wheel vehicle, and the tour will not be your first occasion to ride a scooter. This is a necessary prerequisite for safety reasons and for guaranteeing a pleasant tour to you and the other participants in your party.
If you are not able to ride the scooter properly on the day of the tour, the guide can refuse to give the tour and you are not entitled to a refund.
Not ideal for children. Children under 10 years are not allowed on vespas.
No flip-flops but shoes or closed sandals required. It is advisable to wear trousers and not shorts and depending on the season it is recommended to bring a light jacket or a wind jacket.
The foods served during this tour might contain gluten, lactose, nuts and alcohol. If you have any food restriction, please inform our personnel during the enquiry process.
This program and its rates do not include transportation to the meeting point and are set on a self-driving base. For further information see the box "transportation options".