Duration: 8 hours
If the number of participants increases the cost per person reduces much!
POST INFORMATION ON THIS TOUR ON YOUR PASSENGERS BOARD – COPY THIS LINK
THE GREEN GOLD OF PISA
Arianna & Friends offers a relaxing full-day tour to two wonderful destinations just a few miles from Livorno: a historical extra virgin olive oil mill in an organic farm and the marvellous Pisa with the monumental complex of the Leaning tower. Learn why olive oil was nicknamed “green gold” in Tuscany.
Details of our shore excursion:
– Private transfer by minivan (for up to 8 people) or minibus (for 9 people or more) from the port of Livorno. In case of minivan our driver meets you directly at the ship in the morning and drives you for the whole day. In case of minibus our driver meets you at a bus parking area near the ship that you will reach by a fast free shuttle service organized by the port. On the way back the mininus will drop you off directly by the ship.
– Within just 35 minutes drive you reach a stunning rural location near the Pisan Mountain where you meet our local and knowledgeable tour guide. Upon a little surcharge, our guide can meet you at the harbour. The guide will show you the outstanding production of extra virgin olive oil as well as wine and kiwi fruits of the most renowned organic farm in the local area. The guided tour focuses on wine and food production and you will learn how to value the best quality in wine as well as in extra virgin olive oil.
– The farm hosts an ancient olive oil mill and during the guided visit to all the premises you will learn how the Tuscans extract olive oil from olives while visiting the operational rooms.
– Right in front of the mill a wonderful veranda will be reserved for your unforgettable lunch: firstly you will taste the best extra virgin olive oil of Tuscany and then some special olive oils with other flavors. Then you will be served rare cold meats, delicious cheeses and pates, a vegetable soup typical of Tuscany, local honey and jams and finally dessert. Lunch is accompanied by great wine of the farm as well as a very peculiar liquor!
– In the afternoon, our guide and our driver will accompany you to Pisa for a guided tour to the exterior monumental area of the Leaning tower and to other hidden gems in the historical center of the town. The guide will take you to one of the best gelaterias in town and you will have a delicious gelato before leaving. No admission ticket is included
If you wish to climb the Leaning Tower, ticket must be purchased in advance at an extra charge. If interested, you must advise at the moment of booking, access ticket costs 25 euro per person. Kids under the age of 8 are not allowed to climb the tower.
– Return within the early evening, depending on the docking time of the cruiseship.
What you taste
This is a list of specialties that you are likely to sample as part of the program of this tour. Please, note that the specialties of the tasting session and/or lunch may vary according to the season and the availability of the products in the day of the tour.
In our tour we like showing you places off the beaten track and introducing you to Tuscan people with their personal stories, careers and characters. You will have one of our guides with your party during the whole tour. Please, see below all the guides who can be with you. During this experience you can also meet some of the Tuscan friends involved in the events. Please, see below which friends you are likely to encounter.
Rates for this tour vary according to the number of participants. Please, check rates in the table below.
SHORE EXCURSION FROM LIVORNO PORT
Olive oil mill tour with lunch & Pisa guided tour
– RATES 2019 –
NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN YOUR PARTY
|2 persons||€ 890|
|3 persons||€ 940|
|4 persons||€ 990|
|5 persons||€ 1040|
|6 persons||€ 1090|
|7 persons||€ 1140|
|8 persons||€ 1190|
|9 persons||€ 1440|
|Extra Adult||€ 50|
|Extra Teenager (12-17 yrs)||€ 40|
|Exrta Child (4-11 yrs)||€ 35|
- Full-day transfer service by luxury car (for parties of 2 people), minivan (for parties of 3 up to 8 people) or minibus (for parties of 9 people or more);
- English speaking tour leader at all destinations of the tour.
- The tour leader can meet you at the harbor in the beginning of the day. In this case a surcharge of € 100 in total applies.
- Guided visit to an organic farm and an ancient oil mill;
- Guided olive oil sampling and full lunch with local specialities and wine;
- Private guided tour of Pisa:
- Gelato tasting in Pisa;
- Tax, transfer insurance and fees for harbour access;
- In case of parties of 9 people and more, the obligatory bus parking fee in Pisa is included in the rate.
ARIANNA & FRIENDS IS COMMITTED TO EMPLOY OFFICIAL AND LICENSED DRIVERS ON BOARD LEGALLY INSURED VANS AND BUSES ONLY FOR ITS TOURS.
Rates do NOT include
- Extra for guide meeting you directly at the harbor and dropping you off at the ship in the end of the day: € 100
- Extra for climbing the Leaning tower (without the guide): € 25 per person
This is a message of appreciation for a unique shore excursion we arranged for a group of newzealanders!
A quick email to thank you for such a lovely day we had on Tuesday.
I think it was the highlight of our cruise and probably was for most of the others as well. People on the cruise were asking us where we had been and I think they were rather jealous of us!
Once we return to New Zealand I will write a report on trip advisor.
Thanks again and kind regards,
Diana and Ian
This tour takes place in the rural area of Vicopisano and in Pisa downtown.
Unless differently specified, our driver meets you at your ship in the harbor of Livorno. If your ship is docking in other harbors of Tuscany like La Spezia or Piombino, different rates and time schedules apply.
This program takes 8 hours. Time for transportation included.
Available any day of the week, all year through
This tour is available in English, French or Italian with no surcharge. For Spanish, Russian or German a surcharge applies.
Ideal for children
No particular clothing required.
The foods served during this tour might contain gluten, lactose, nuts and alcohol. If you have any food restriction, please inform our personnel during the enquiry process.
This program and its rates include full-day transportation on board luxury cars (for 2 passengers), minivans (from 3 to 8 passengers) or minibuses (from 9 to 17 passengers). All drivers are fully licensed and allowed to enter the harbor of Livorno. All our cars, vans and buses are fully licensed and insured for transporting visitors.