Duration:8 hours - from April through October -
HISTORICAL SITE AND TYPICAL TUSCAN FOOD: SAN GIMIGNANO AND LUNCH ON A ORGANIC FARM
The perfect tour if you want to really hit the road! We will climb up stunning hills in the middle of beautiful woods with several panoramic stops on our way to the famous medieval town of San Gimignano. A great lunch will be served at a organic farm in the San Gimignano area
The best way to enjoy the Tuscan scenery
Arianna & Friends arranges a private day Vespa tour with a private local guide with a fascinating route in a scenic hilly countryside and several stops at panoramic points. This is our longest vespa tour and we will ride for about 90 km. This tour is addressed to real “Vespisti” (vespa experienced riders).
OUTLINE OF TOUR:
– Vespa rental for 8 hours starting from our main office in La Rosa, Pisa area.
– An original, scenic and safe route across a hilly farmland of central Tuscany, an extended area between Pisa, Volterra and San Gimignano. The area is characterized by picturesque small villages, castles and rural hamlets joined by beautiful country roads bordered by lines of cypress trees.
– A private English speaking Vespa tour guide accompanying you for the whole trip. The guide shows you the villages and the attractions along the route with a particular focus on the history of the initial rural settlements, their development into villages and hamlets and the habits of the current inhabitants.
THE ROUTE AND THE FOOD:
– We start this great tour from our premises in La Rosa, between Pontedera and Volterra;
– On our way to San Gimignano we will ride across beautiful and panoramic roads and we will stop to take few pictures. We will ride through typical Tuscan villages like Castelfalfi and San Vivaldo.
– With a 1 hour ride we will reach the famous town of San Gimignano ,also known as the Tuscan Manhattan. Here we will have a walk for about 1 hour, a great occasion to stretch our legs, enjoy a delicious gelato and some shopping;
– After the visit to San Gimignano we will ride direction Camporbiano to visit a spectacular organic farm. He we will enjoy an unforgettable lunch. You’ll say hi to the farm animals such as cows, goats, chickens. The farm produces organic cheese and other dairy products, grains, vegetables and juices and you will taste all of that during lunch;
– On the way back we will be admiring plenty of ancient grain fields and hit tiny villages like Villamagna, Fabbrica and Peccioli. A wonderful route to test your endurance;
– Helms provided
– Insurance included*
– Please, note that this offer is for maximum 8 Vespas, for min. 2 max 16 people.
* Please, note that the insurance refers to liability against third parties. The regular insurance does not cover the vespa riders themselves and their own vespa.
SAFETY WARNING! PLEASE, READ CAREFULLY
THIS TOUR IS FOR EXPERIENCED RIDERS ONLY
A RIDING TEST BEFORE DEPATURE TO PASS
DISCLAIMER FOR THE GUIDE & DECLARATION OF RIDING EXPERIENCE
What you taste
This is a list of specialties that you are likely to sample as part of the program of this tour. Please, note that the specialties of the tasting session and/or lunch may vary according to the season and the availability of the products in the day of the tour.
In our tour we like showing you places off the beaten track and introducing you to Tuscan people with their personal stories, careers and characters.
You will have one of our guides with your party during the whole tour. Please, see below all the guides who can be with you.
During this experience you can also meet some of the Tuscan friends involved in the events. Please, see below which friends you are likely to encounter.
The total rate for this activity varies according to the number of people in your party.
Check rates in the table below.
90 km vespa tour & san gimignano with lunch
NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN YOUR PARTY
|4 persons (on 2 vespas)
|5 persons (on 3 vespas)
|6 persons (on 3 vespas)
|€ 10 per vespa – to be paid cash on site
|€ 100 per vespa
- Private vespa rental for a full-day – Rates refer to 1 vespa for 2 passengers
- A gelato in San Gimignano
- Helm and insurance*
- Private tour guide for the whole tour
- Typical lunch on a farm
* Please, note that the insurance refers to liability against third parties. This kind of insurance does not cover the vespa riders themselves and their rental vespa.
Rates do NOT include
- Fuel: € 10 per Vespa – To be paid cash on site.
- Extra Vespas – in case each guests would like to ride one scooter: € 100 per vespa
- Transportation to our premises in La Rosa
- Tips to the staff. Not included, not obligatory but very much appreciated
Here a lovely message sent by Sapnoti and Karthik from India after their honeymoon in Tuscany during which they experienced a private vespa tour and a cooking class on our farm
Karthik and I want to thank you and the whole family at the farm for the wonderful time we had in Italy. We cant stop talking about the trip to all our friends. We have already started trying to cook some simple pasta and later we hope to cook gnocchi and ravioli. Thanks to you and Carla for making the classes so enjoyable. It was a pleasure spending time with both of you.
Please thank Giuseppe for letting us stay at the farmhouse. We felt quite pampered during our stay there. And a big thanks to Pedro for being such a lovely escort. We enjoyed travelling around Tuscany on the vespa. You told us so much about the history and culture of Tuscany that we almost felt like locals. After your recommendations and directions from Giuseppe we successfully made it to many more towns than we had planned. Karthik and I agree that San Gimignano is our favourite town in Tuscany. Of course, the fantastic ice-cream may be affecting our judgement 🙂
I attach a few pictures that we had taken during our trip. The first few are of the cooking classes. The next is of Karthik with his new love, the vespa. The second last is of Pedro trying to chew Karthik’s shoes. And the last one of me in Volterra.
Although we dont have any immediate plans, but we do know that this was not our last trip to Italy. Thanks again
Sapnoti & Karthik
This round trip takes place in the area of San Gimignano
Unless differently specified, the meeting point with the guide is at our office in La Rosa
DURATION & LENGTH OF ROUTE:
This program takes 8 hours. Time for reaching the meeting point not included. The route as described in this activity covers approximately 90 kms.
Available from April through October, from Mondays through Saturdays.
This tour is available in English, German, French, Spanish, Russian or Italian
At the beginning of the tour the guide will help any rider to fulfill the documents necessary in order to rent vespa scooters from a local rental company. The scooters rented for this tour are modern vespa scooters with automatic transmission (no manual gear).
The insurance on the scooters is a basic civil liability policy as per legal requirements. This policy only covers damages to third parties and does not cover damages to the rider or the passenger, nor damages to the scooter itself. As a consequence, the rental agreement is valid only when filled in with valid credit card details of the rider, which might cover any damage in the event of an accident.
Riders must have an international driving license and must be over 18 years of age.
EXPERIENCE ON SCOOTERS IS REQUIRED - THIS TOUR IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS:
Before booking this tour it is essential for you to understand that the tour is addressed to people who have previous experience in riding a scooter, a vespa or a motorbike. If you never rode a scooter it is impossible for you to be able to ride it along the routes that the guide selects. Every tour starts with a 15-20 minute practice that is necessary for the rider to get confident with the scooter, especially in order to understand how brakes and accelerator work. The time for the practice is absolutely not enough to learn how to ride a scooter, for which people might need long hours or even days. So we need to make sure that you are already familiar with riding a 2 wheel vehicle, and the tour will not be your first occasion to ride a scooter. This is a necessary prerequisite for safety reasons and for guaranteeing a pleasant tour to you and the other participants in your party.
If you are not able to ride the scooter properly on the day of the tour, the guide can refuse to give the tour and you are not entitled to a refund.
Not ideal for children. Children under 10 years are not allowed on vespas.
No flip-flops but shoes or closed sandals required. It is advisable to wear trousers and not shorts and depending on the season it is recommended to bring a light jacket or a wind jacket.
The foods served during this tour might contain gluten, lactose, nuts and alcohol. If you have any food restriction, please inform our personnel during the enquiry process.
This program and its rates do not include transportation to the meeting point and are set on a self-driving base. For further information see the box "transportation options".
The meeting point where this activity starts is in an area in the rural Tuscany that is not easy to reach by public trasport. We highly recommend renting a car to reach it. As an alternative, we can offer a valued service by chauffeured car, van or minibus. Any cost of transportation is to be added to the rates displayed on the rate table of this page.